Welcome to the Southwest Career and Technical Academy website. We are very proud of the eleven programs we are offering to the high school students in our community. The school is divided into two smaller learning communities – the Design Academy and the Professional Service Academy. Within the smaller learning communities, students share English, math, science, social studies, electives, and program classes with fellow students who share a common career interest. In the classroom, project-based learning activities will simulate real-world experiences, preparing the students for entry into the world of work, post-secondary training, or college and university life.
Applications for the 2017-2018 school year are now available on-line.
- Click on the link below for full details about the magnet process and to submit an application.
- Review transportation boundaries to Southwest Career and Technical Academy under CTA Transportation Boundaries.
- Deadline to submit your application is on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 3:00 PM.
- Choose up to three schools or three programs at school of choice by preference.
- Non-CCSD student applicants do not forget to submit a copy of your most recent report card to your first choice school as soon as it’s available. The Magnet Office will not be able to process the applications and see if student qualifies for the lottery without the report card. The deadline for all documents is January 10, 2017 by 3:00 PM.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Lilly Sifuentes at 702-799-5766 ext. 4303.
The Clark County School District (CCSD) is pleased to provide the semiannual College Readiness Educational Workshop (C.R.E.W.) on October 5, 2016. All sophomores, juniors, seniors and their families are invited to attend the workshop and breakout sessions.
Please see the flyer below for more information.
Tutoring is offered on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays between 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM. Students are welcome to attend any session. Please see the day and room schedule below.
|Monday||Science||Ms. Sager, Room B207|
|Tuesday||All Math Courses||Mr. Wada, Room H207|
|Thursday||Geometry Focus||Mr. Suba, Room B214|
There will be no tutoring on the following dates.
|November 8, 2016||Election Day|
|November 21 – 25, 2016||Thanksgiving Break|
|December 19, 2016 – January 2, 2017||Winter Break|
|January 17 – 20, 2017||Semester Exam Week|
|January 16, 2017||Martin Luther King, Jr. Day|
|February 20, 2017||President’s Day|
|April 10 – 14, 2017||Spring Break|
The last day of tutoring is May 25, 2017.
All Southwest CTA students and parents are required to read and abide by the rules and polices set forth in the SWCTA Student Handbook. You can find the SWCTA Student Handbook here or under the SWCTA RESOURCES tab. Please print and sign the verification document (below) and return to your first/second period teacher by Friday, September 9, 2016.
Course fees are due Friday, September 16, 2016. The full list of course fees by grade level/electives/CTSOs/clubs/yearbooks is below. PSAT fees are required. For your convenience, you may pay for SWCTA 2016-2017 course fees online here. Save your receipt to pick up merchandise and verify course fees. There is a convenience charge. You may also come to SWCTA Monday-Friday from 6:30-2:30 pm. Please note – only cash and checks accepted in person. You may include all of the fees on one check. Debit/credit cards may only be used online.