All freshman, sophomores, and juniors will be taking the PSAT on Wednesday, October 11th. All students testing must bring their student ID, two #2 pencils, and a four-function calculator. Students may NOT use their phone or any internet based device as their calculator.
Seniors will be attending their annual senior seminar on campus.
All students will attend their A day classes at the conclusion of testing and seminar.
- Senate Bill 391 created the Nevada Promise Scholarship, for eligible Nevada students to attend any in-state community college.
- Twelfth grade students may now apply for the Nevada Promise Scholarship at www.csn.edu/promise.
- All applications are due by October 31, 2017.
Sophomores, Juniors & some Seniors will be receiving their End of Course (EOC) test results from the 16-17 school year. Teachers will be handing these reports out on Wednesday and Thursday, August 23rd & 24th.
Parents, please see the guide below to assist you in understanding your child’s EOC test results. You can also access your child’s testing information by utilizing the Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
Please note that SWCTA will be sprayed interior commons and exterior perimeter, for pest control after school on September 26, 2017. If you have any questions or need to report a sensitivity, please contact the FASA at 702-799-5766 x 4022. Thank you
(G)row Positively Together!
Dear Coyote Family,
On behalf of the faculty and staff at Southwest Career and Technical Academy (SWCTA), I am very excited to kick off the 2017-2018 school year! To our incoming freshmen and their families, welcome to our Coyote family. To everyone else, welcome back. We are looking forward to a productive school year. We recognize that student success begins with a strong partnership between home and school. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. We ask that you guide and support your/your student’s learning by ensuring that:
Students exhibit the qualities of an SWCTA Coyote-
• Come to school every day, on time, dressed for success, and ready for the day’s learning experience.
• Be an active participant in all classes.
• Use technology in a responsible manner and in accordance with the guidance of our teachers.
• Send and receive text messages only during passing periods, lunch, and before and after school.
• Get involved; join a CTSO, club, or other extra-curricular activity.
• Complete all homework assignments.
• Share school experiences with your family so that they stay informed and involved.
• Inform your counselor and teachers if you need additional support in any area or subject
• Treat all other members of our Coyote family, as you would like to be treated.
• Treat the facility with the respect and care you would give to your own home.
Parents support the qualities of an SWCTA Coyote in your student, by-
• Ensuring their success on all of the above.
• Maintaining lines of communication with your student.
• Listening for concerns and stresses, and assist your student with strategies for coping.
• Allowing your students to develop coping mechanisms by empowering them to address their own challenges. Use a graduated scale where students solve their own minor school-related problems and work up to greater issues.
• Helping the school maintain the educational environment and limit interruptions by not sending text messages to students during instruction. (A schedule is included for your convenience.)
Forging a strong relationship between the school and home is beneficial to student performance and academic growth. Please take advantage of the upcoming opportunities to become involved at SWCTA. Open House is this Thursday, August 17, 2017, from 6:00 p.m. until 7:30 p.m. The school’s organizational team (SOT) meets on Wednesday, August 23, 2017, at 4:30 p.m. in the Ballroom. I look forward to meeting you at one of these events.
As always, I am at your service.
School starts Monday, August 14, 2017 @ 7:00 am. Campus is open at 6:30 am.
Ninth graders who attend Freshmen Orientation will get their schedules at the end of the event on Thursday, August 10, 2017. All 10th-12th grade students and ninth graders who do not attend Freshmen Orientation will receive their schedules on the first day of school, Monday, August 14, 2017 in their Alpha Homeroom.
Alpha Homeroom assignments will be posted in the cafeteria windows and A building windows in the quad on Monday morning.
We look forward to seeing everyone!