The time we have all been waiting for is finally here. Lottery Results are in. Log into your application and see the results. You can click on ACCEPT seat if your child was selected in the lottery. Letters will go out next week on Tuesday so keep your eyes out for the mail.
The deadline to apply is quickly approaching. Do not delay to put in your application before January 10, 2017 by 3:00 p.m.
If you want to make changes or update personal information such as address, or telephone numbers you can do it at this time.
For further assistance, do not hesitate to call me. I will be back in my office January 3, 2017 from 7-1:45 to answer questions.
Dr. Lilly Sifuentes
702-799-5766 ext. 4303
We look forward to seeing prospective students and their parents at our annual Magnet Open House. This year we will only have one open house. It is scheduled for December 1, 2016 at 6:00 p.m.-7:30 p.m. So mark your calendars and do not miss this opportunity to tour our amazing campus and learn about our programs.
Dear Prospective Student/Parent
We are pleased you are applying to our school. We would like to remind you that according to the address you provide on your application you may or may not fall within our transportation zone.
The CCSD/Magnet Department has split up the transportation boundaries between SWCTA and WCTA. These two schools will no longer share transportation. It is important that you keep that in mind when applying to either schools.
If you are within our transportation zone you will qualify for busing if you live outside the two mile radius from the school.
If you live outside of our transportation and you are selected through the lottery, you will be responsible for providing your own transportation for the full year. CCSD does not allow withdrawal from any magnet school mid-year so please keep that in mind when applying to a school outside of your transportation boundaries and accepting a seat.
Please, take this opportunity to view the CCSD transportation link below to verify transportation eligibility and bus routes. You will be able to see which CTA is within your transportation using the drop down arrow and selecting CTA. Click on link below.
It is very important that you verify transportation before accepting a seat. Please refer to maps below for detailed information.
Benefits of completing an on-line application
- It is highly recommended that you complete an on-line application.
- You will receive an email with a confirmation that your application was received.
- You will be able to check the status of your child’s applications after the lottery.
- If your child is accepted, you will be able to accept the seat on-line.
- You can log in to make changes if you’ve moved and need to update your address or other personal information.
- If you want to make changes to school or programs.
- If you choose to submit a paper application, please drop off to the first choice school before January 10, 2017, 3:00 p.m.
Applications for the 2017-2018 school year are now available on-line.
- Click on the link below for full details about the magnet process and to submit an application.
- Review transportation boundaries to Southwest Career and Technical Academy under CTA Transportation Boundaries.
- Deadline to submit your application is on Tuesday, January 10, 2017 at 3:00 PM.
- Choose up to three schools or three programs at school of choice by preference.
- Non-CCSD student applicants do not forget to submit a copy of your most recent report card to your first choice school as soon as it’s available. The Magnet Office will not be able to process the applications and see if student qualifies for the lottery without the report card. The deadline for all documents is January 10, 2017 by 3:00 PM.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Lilly Sifuentes at 702-799-5766 ext. 4303.