Southwest CTA will be hosting its annual Senior Capstone and Internship Expo on May 18. 2017. Exhibit booths will be open from 5:30 PM to 6:45 PM and will be followed by the senior fashion show at 7:00 PM.
Graduation is Tuesday, June 13, 2017 at 9:00 am at the Orleans Arena.
- Each graduate will receive 20 tickets, distributed at the mandatory graduation rehearsal on Thursday, June 8, 2017 in the SWCTA gym. There are no additional tickets available.
- There is no seat saving allowed.
- Handicapped seating is located around the perimeter of the arena. Guests will enter the arena using the elevator at the main entrance and may bring one guest. No strollers.
- All strollers and balloons will be checked at the door.
- Doors open 45 minutes before beginning of the ceremony.
- Everyone must have a ticket, including infants and young children.
- Please do not bring any nuisance items: air horns, large signs, etc.
- Please click on this link to view the orleans parking map.
- If you or a family member requires interpreting services for the deaf or hard of hearing during the commencement ceremony, please contact Lorita Taylor, SWCTA Curriculum Office at 702-799-5766 ext. 4200.
- Proper Commencement Attire
The following attire for seniors participating in the commencement ceremony has been established and will be strictly enforced.
Gentlemen – dress pants and dress shirt with tie and dress shoes. Ladies – dress pants, dress, or skirt (length of skirt/dress not to exceed graduation gown) and dress shoes.
No jeans, shorts, flip flops, or tennis shoes of any kind will be allowed. Students violating the prescribed dress code will not be permitted to participate in the ceremony. Graduates should have their graduation gown on when they arrive at the Orleans Arena. When wearing the cap, place the tassel on the left.
DO NOT BRING PURSES OR CELL PHONES TO GRADUATION. YOU MAY NOT BRING THEM INTO THE ARENA AND THERE WILL BE NO STORAGE AVAILABLE.
We are currently taking late applications for the Fashion Design Program. Please complete a late application and submit a copy of the student’s most recent report card. Dr. Lilly Sifuentes will contact you if your student has been selected.
Dr. Sifuentes’ Contact Information:
702-799-5766 ext. 4303
Welcome Class of 2021! Please fill out all attached documents and return to Southwest CTA by 3:00 pm on Monday, April 17, 2017.
If you are interested in participating in Student Council, you must participate in one of the Shadow Days on August 7 or August 8, 2017. Please see information on the flyer below.
Interested in taking Video Production as an elective? Click here for more information.
Click here for link to CCSD Transportation Zone information. Or click on map below. You must live inside the SWCTA boundaries, to be eligible for transportation.
INSPIRING STUDENTS TO CREATE AND ACHIEVE!
As part of the accreditation process, Southwest CTA has evaluated, refined, and revised our mission statement. It was a painstaking process that involved many of our stakeholders. We are very proud of our work; we hope you will be too!
The course selection process for the 2017-2018 school year is under way. Juniors are meeting with counselors this week. Sophomores will meet with counselors March 13-17. Freshmen will meet with counselors March 20-24. All paperwork is due back to counselors by March 31, 2017.
Please print out the Course Challenge form below and complete all steps in order to be considered.